Who Can Take-up Clinical SAS Program?
SAS (Statistical Analysis System) is widely utilized in clinical trial data analysis in pharmaceutical, Bio-Technology, and clinical research organizations. The utilization of SAS in clinical researches has given unbelievable results in past years. SAS can help healthcare professionals to meet their business goals, generate great revenue, enhance strategic performance management, and most importantly control costs.
Clinical SAS helps clinical researchers to achieve great speed and efficiency while conducting clinical trials. It helps Clinical SAS professionals to analyze large amounts of big data (structured & unstructured data), which helps them to uncover many hidden insights, patient concerns, and many other issues. These insights help them to predict and improve outcomes.
Who can take-up Clinical SAS?
To gain this skill, aspirant must have a bachelor’s / Master’s degree in B. Pharmacy, M. Pharmacy, Pharm D, Bio- Technology, MBBS, MD, BDS, BHMS, BUMS, BAMS, BPT/ M.Sc. (Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Chemistry/ Genetics/ Botany/ Zoology/ Life Sciences/ Biomedical Genetics / Molecular Bio Sciences / Statistics).
Skills & Knowledge required to become a Certified Clinical SAS Programmer.
The SAS programmer aspirant in India should have a SAS certification to be eligible to be a Clinical SAS programmer. Without this certification, you neither have the erudition nor the skills for the position. This is the most basic eligibility required to become a Clinical SAS programmer. The SAS certification program provides training to its candidates in areas including programming, advanced analytics, and data management.
What does Clinical SAS Programmers do?
- Build SAS datasets from Clinical database.
- Develop SAS macros, templates, and utilities for data cleaning and reporting.
- Utilize SDTM guidelines to build datasets.
- Communicate with an internal team to engender deliverables for pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients.
- Implement analyses designated in the protocol.
- Ascertain CRF meets the guidelines of the protocol and check for consistency and adequacy.
- Inscribe SAS programs to engender tables, listings, and figures and analysis datasets.
- Review CRF annotations and data designations.
- Work in tandem with Biostatistics and Data Management member on sundry clinical projects.
- Identify and edit checks per the data validation plan or data management plan.
- Study management reports utilizing SAS.
- Validate the programmed analysis datasets, tables, listing and figures.
- Perform analyses defined in the statistical analysis.
- Prepare clinical and statistical summary reports.
- Communicate with programming and statistics leads.
- Utilize SAS programming skills within the protocol team and perform all programming required for clinical tribulation analysis and reporting.
- Perform quality control on final reports.
- Develop SAS coding and table templates for preparing, processing and analyzing clinical data.
- Establish monitoring of data transfers for perpetual tribulations to identify study conduct or data quality issues.
Role of SAS in Pharma Industry
- The major role of SAS in Pharma Analytics mainly focusses on generating the TLF’s or TLG’s.
- The CDISC standards like SDTM and ADAM which are used to standardize and to analyze the clinical trial data and the generation of reports can be only done by using Clinical SAS since the FDA accepts only SAS reports.
- The department of BIO- Statistics is using clinical SAS for writing the SDTM and ADAM specifications and in the creation of SAP (Statistical Analysis Plan).
- CDM team is using SAS to perform data analysis before loading the data into certain databases.
- Analysis with clean data and validating the clinical trial data will reduce the pain on the FDA to have a good overview of the clinical reports. Hence most CRO’s are preferring clinical SAS as the best tool to use for its safety and efficiency when compared with other software tools.
Clinical SAS Training Path
Base SAS Program: This is the first step in the SAS Global Certification Program. It ascertains a basic understanding of programming principles utilizing the base SAS 9.4 product.
Advance SAS program: The program surmises that the student has already passed the Base exam. It covers more advanced topics in programming such as Macros, SQL and more advanced data modeling.
Clinical Data Management Program: This caliber is designed to avail the student apply SAS programming and data management cognizance categorically towards the healthcare, pharmaceutical, and clinical research industries.
Sankhyana Consultancy Services (SAS Authorized Training Partner) is a premium and best clinical SAS training institute in Bangalore that provides innovative, flexible, accessible blended learning solutions and career-oriented training following a competitive tendering process.
If you are interested in this course, kindly reach us: https://forms.gle/UL8dPQML8h5FLyRD6
#bpharm #mpham #pharmd #pharmastudents #pharmacolleges #upskill #dataanalytics #sas #statisticalanalysissystem #covid19 #healthcare #clinicaltrial #cdisc #adanm #tlf #sdtm #programminglanguage #datamanagenment #statisticalmodeling #analytics #sasatc #sankhyanaeducation #sankhyanaconsultancyservicse #sasdigitalbadge #sasprogrammer #bangalore #india